Likelihood Ratio Specification Tests
AbstractMoment based tests for mispecification of parametric models (e.g., of mean equals variance in a Poisson model) are studied. The moment restrictions under test are embedded in an extension of the model so that the moment test is a score test of the hypothesis that a vector of added parameters is zero. Second-order asymptotic properties of the likelihood ratio version of this test are studied. Unlike the conventional test, the likelihood ratio version is Bartlett correctable. The correction depends on the curvature at the origin of the function used to incorporate the moment restriction in the extended model.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 65 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yuichi Kitamura, 2006. "Empirical Likelihood Methods in Econometrics: Theory and Practice," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-430, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Smith, Richard J., 2011.
"Gel Criteria For Moment Condition Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(06), pages 1192-1235, December.
- Chesher, Andrew & Dhaene, Geert & Gouriéroux, Christian & Scaillet, Olivier, 1999.
"Bartlett Identities Tests,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1999019, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Andrew Chesher & Geert Dhaene & Christian Gourieroux & Olivier Scaillet, 1999. "Bartlett Identities Tests," Working Papers 99-32, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- CHESHER, Andrew & DHAENE, Geert & GOURIEROUX, Christian & SCAILLET, Olivier, 1999. "Bartlett identities tests," CORE Discussion Papers 1999039, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Esmeralda Ramalho, 2009.
"Covariate Measurement Error:Bias Reduction under Response-based Sampling,"
CEFAGE-UE Working Papers
2009_15, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Ramalho Esmeralda A., 2010. "Covariate Measurement Error: Bias Reduction under Response-Based Sampling," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(4), pages 1-34, September.
- Andreou, E. & Werker, B.J.M., 2004.
"An Alternative Asymptotic Analysis of Residual-Based Statistics,"
2004-56, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Elena Andreou & Bas J. M. Werker, 2012. "An Alternative Asymptotic Analysis of Residual-Based Statistics," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 88-99, February.
- Elena Andreou & Bas J.M. Werker, 2010. "An Alternative Asymptotic Analysis of Residual-Based Statistics," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 08-2010, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- N. Meddahi & C. Bontemps, 2004.
"Testing Distributional Assumptions: A GMM Approach,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
487, Econometric Society.
- Bontemps, Christian & Meddahi, Nour, 2007. "Testing Distributional Assumptions: A GMM Approach," IDEI Working Papers 486, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Harris, Mark N. & Zhao, Xueyan, 2007. "A zero-inflated ordered probit model, with an application to modelling tobacco consumption," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 1073-1099, December.
- Hahn, Jinyong & Newey, Whitney K. & Smith, Richard J., 2014. "Neglected heterogeneity in moment condition models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P1), pages 86-100.
- Ramalho, Joaquim J. S. & Smith, Richard J., 2002. "Generalized empirical likelihood non-nested tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 99-125, March.
- Guido W Imbens, Phillip Johnson & Richard H Spady, .
"Information theoretic approaches to inference in moment condition model,"
W12., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Guido W. Imbens & Richard H. Spady & Phillip Johnson, 1998. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(2), pages 333-358, March.
- Guido W. Imbens & Phillip Johnson & Richard H. Spady, 1995. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido W. Imbens & Phillip Johnson & Richard H. Spady, 1995. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1736, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Chesher, Andrew & Dumangane, Montezuma & Smith, Richard J., 2002. "Duration response measurement error," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 169-194, December.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.