A zero-inflated ordered probit model, with an application to modelling tobacco consumption
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 141 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Xueyan Zhao & Mark N. Harris, 2004. "Demand for Marijuana, Alcohol and Tobacco: Participation, Levels of Consumption and Cross-equation Correlations," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 80(251), pages 394-410, December.
- Winfried Pohlmeier & Volker Ulrich, 1995. "An Econometric Model of the Two-Part Decisionmaking Process in the Demand for Health Care," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(2), pages 339-361.
- Mullahy, John, 1986. "Specification and testing of some modified count data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 341-365, December.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-44, September.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-33, March.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Xueyan Zhao & Mark Harris, 2004.
"Modelling Tobacco Consumption with a Zero-Inflated Ordered Probit Model,"
Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings
363, Econometric Society.
- Mark N. Harris & Xueyan Zhao, 2004. "Modelling Tobacco Consumption with a Zero-Inflated Ordered Probit Model," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 14/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Murray Smith, 2003. "On dependency in double-hurdle models," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 581-595, October.
- Andrew Chesher & Richard J. Smith, 1997. "Likelihood Ratio Specification Tests," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 627-646, May.
- Dimitrios Christelis & Anna Sanz-de-Galdeano, 2009.
"Smoking Persistence Across Countries: An Analysis Using Semi-Parametric Dynamic Panel Data Models with Selectivity,"
CSEF Working Papers
236, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Christelis, Dimitris & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2009. "Smoking Persistence Across Countries: An Analysis Using Semi-Parametric Dynamic Panel Data Models with Selectivity," IZA Discussion Papers 4336, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brooks, Robert & Harris, Mark N. & Spencer, Christopher, 2012.
"Inflated ordered outcomes,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 683-686.
- William Greene, 2009. "Models for count data with endogenous participation," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 133-173, February.
- Dimitris Christelis & Anna Sanz-de-Galdeano, 2009.
"Smoking Persistence in Europe: A Semi-Parametric Panel Data Analysis with Selectivity,"
403, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Dimitris Christelis & Anna Sanz-de-Galdeano, 2010. "Smoking persistence in Europe: A semi-parametric panel data analysis with selectivity," Working Papers 2010_15, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Patrick Laplagne & Maurice Glover & Anthony Shomos, 2007. "Effects of Health and Education on Labour Force Participation," Staff Working Papers 0704, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia.
- Habib, Khandker M. Nurul & Morency, Catherine & Islam, Mohammed Tazul & Grasset, Vincent, 2012. "Modelling users’ behaviour of a carsharing program: Application of a joint hazard and zero inflated dynamic ordered probability model," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 241-254.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2010-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ozcam, Ahmet & Karadeniz, Esra, 2012. "The Determinants of the Growth Expectations of Turkish Entrepreneurs in the Way up the Entrepreneural Ladder Using Ordinal Logistic Model (OLM)," MPRA Paper 49908, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bilgic, Abdulbaki & Florkowski, Wojciech J. & Yen, Steven T. & Akbay, Cuma, 2013. "Tobacco spending patterns and their health-related implications in Turkey," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-15.
- David ARISTEI & Manuela Gallo, 2012. "The Drivers of Household Over-Indebtedness and Delinquency on Mortgage Loans: Evidence from Italian Microdata," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 105/2012, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- Christelis, Dimitris & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2011. "Smoking persistence across countries: A panel data analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1077-1093.
- Akcura, E., 2011. "Information Effects in Valuation of Electricity and Water Service Attributes Using Contingent Valuation," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1156, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2013. "A zero inefficiency stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(1), pages 66-76.
- Chad D. Meyerhoefer & Samuel H. Zuvekas, 2010. "New estimates of the demand for physical and mental health treatment," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 297-315.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.