Updating Choquet capacities: a general framework
AbstractSeveral updating rules for Choquet capacities have been proposed in the literature. We propose to study them in a general framework consisting of extending the definition of conditional expectations to the Choquet case. Then we adopt several relations between unconditional and conditional expectations and observe which updating rule is able to resolve such and such a relation. It allows to specify which updating rule should be used depending on the decision context.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 32 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Choquet expected utility; Capacities; Updating;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1991.
"Updating Ambiguous Beliefs,"
Discussion Papers, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science
924, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Robert Kast & AndrÃ© Lapied, 2001. "Conditioning Capacities and Choquet Integrals: The Role of Comonotony," Theory and Decision, Springer, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 367-386, December.
- Chateauneuf, Alain, 1991. "On the use of capacities in modeling uncertainty aversion and risk aversion," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 343-369.
- Jurgen Eichberger & Simon Grant & David Kelsey, 2006.
"Updating Choquet Beliefs,"
Discussion Papers, Exeter University, Department of Economics
0607, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- AMARANTE, Massimiliano, 2014.
"What is ambiguity?,"
Cahiers de recherche, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques
2014-01, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Massimiliano AMARANTE, 2014. "What is Ambiguity?," Cahiers de recherche, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ 04-2014, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.