Financial Liberalization Index for Nepal
AbstractA financial liberalization index (FLI) for Nepal is constructed in order to show the degree or the level of financial liberalization at a particular time. FLI is calculated on the basis of principal components method following Demetriades and Luintel (1997), Bandiera, Caprio et al. (2000), Laeven (2003), and Laurenceson and Chai (2003). The index comprises eight policy components, viz, (1) interest rate deregulation (IRD), (2) removal of entry barriers (REB), (3) reduction in reserve requirement (RRR), (4) easing in credit control (ECC), (5) implementation of prudential rules (IPR), (6) stock market reform (SMR), (7) privatization of state-owned banks (PSB), and (8) external account liberalization (EAL). As some of these policy measures have been implemented in phases, the index is designed to take into account their partial and gradual implementation too.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Euro-American Association of Economic Development in its journal International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies .
Volume (Year): 3 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:nrb:journl:v:25:y:2013:i:1:p:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Birendra Bahadur Budha, 2012. "A Panel Data Analysis of Foreign Trade Determinants of Nepal: Gravity Model Approach," NRB Working Paper 12/2012, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department.
- Qazi Muhammad Adnan Hye & Shahida Wizarat, 2011. "Impact of financial liberalization on agricultural growth: a case study of Pakistan," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 191-209, May.
- Min Bahadur Shrestha, Ph.D., 2006. "Testing for Unit Roots in Nepalese Macroeconomic Data," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 18, pages 1-19, April.
- Babajide Fowowe, 2011. "Financial Sector Reforms And Private Investment In Sub-Saharan African Countries," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 36(3), pages 79-97, September.
- Birendra Bahadur Budha, 2013. "Demand for Money in Nepal: An ARDL Bounds Testing Approach," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 25(1), pages 21-36, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.