Employment and regional development in France
AbstractWe present an econometric analysis, with a cross section sample of 22 French regions, that shows the significant impact of several factors on regional development. The main factors here considered are industry, tourism and public sector activities. The article also analyses the evolution of employment rates in France, in comparison with European Union and USA, as well as the regional distribution of the economic activities that favour employment and economic development. The period of analysis is 1960-2000 for national data and 1985-98 for regional data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Euro-American Association of Economic Development in its journal Applied Econometrics and International Development.
Volume (Year): 1 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guisan, M.C. & Frias, I., 1995.
"An Interregional Econometric Model for Market Services Employment in 120 EEC Regions,"
Faculty of Economics
01, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Faculty of Economics, Applied Econometric and Quantitative Studies.
- Guisan, M.C. & Frias, I., 2002. "An Interregional Econometric Model for Market Services Employment in 120 EEC Regions," Economic Development 51, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- M.Carmen Guisan & Eva Aguayo & A. David Carballas, 2004. "Human Capital, Industry, Tourism and Economic Development of EU25 Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa04p468, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask M. Carmen Guisan to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.