Industry-Specific Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade in India
AbstractThe paper analyses the industry-specific determinants of intra-industry trade (IIT) in Indian manufacturing industries. We find that the intensity of IIT would be larger if an industry is characterized by a greater degree of product differentiation. The intensity of IIT reduces if the spectrum of production activities in an industry is confined to few locations because of plant level scale economies. We find a negative relationship between IIT and the extent of multinational involvement, indicating that foreign direct investment replaces export sales of differentiated products to the host countries.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics in its journal Indian Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 42 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007
Phone: 91-11-2766-6533/34/35, 2766-6703/04/05
Web page: http://www.ierdse.org/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bishwanath Goldar & Rashmi Banga, 2007. "Impact of Trade Liberalization on Foreign Direct Investment in Indian Industries," Working Papers 3607, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Priyanka Singh Bhadouria & N.M.P. Verma, 2012. "Intra-industry trade in textile industry: the case of India," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(1/2), pages 199-212.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pami Dua).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.