Infrastructure And Regional Development: Interlinkages In India
AbstractImbalances in regional infrastructural availability have been a major reason behind lopsided development in India. This paper examines the veracity of this argument in light of empirical results at the district level using a multidimensional approach with sub-sectoral, sectoral and composite indices of development and infrastructural availability. Significant association between infrastructural and development levels of regions is observed, though the magnitude has declined in recent years. This association is different for regions at different stages of development. The findings suggest that identification of specific requirements of different regions, benefit-cost analysis, followed by infrastructural expansion are major planks of balanced regional development.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics in its journal Indian Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 40 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007
Phone: 91-11-2766-6533/34/35, 2766-6703/04/05
Web page: http://www.ierdse.org/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2005. "Infrastructure and Regional Development: Interlinkages in India," MPRA Paper 12807, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2003. "Infrastructural Facilities in India: District Level Availability Index," MPRA Paper 4779, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2004. "Infrastructure And Regional Development In India," MPRA Paper 4814, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pami Dua).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.