Les déterminants du choix des indicateurs dans les tableaux de bord des entreprises françaises:une étude empirique
Abstract(VF)Traditionnellement les systèmes d’évaluation des performances s’intéressaient en priorité aux résultats financiers. Les critères de concurrence ont toutefois obligé les entreprises à changer leur façon d’appréhender la performance. Les mesures financières traditionnelles sont en effet incompatibles avec les stratégies de création de valeur pour le client. Nous cherchons à étudier les systèmes d’évaluation des performances utilisés par les entreprises françaises en mesurant l’influence de la taille, l’incertitude perçue de l’environnement, la stratégie et les indicateurs non financiers sur leur architecture.(VA)The early models for performance measurement traditionally focused solely on financial results. Companies seeking to compete with industry leaders had to change their ways of measuring performance. One view advanced by the literature is that traditional financial measures are incompatible with a production strategy that emphasizes quality and just-in-time. The aim of our study is to gain deeper insight into the design of performance measurement systems of French companies, taking into account the role of size, strategy, uncertainty and the influence of non-financial measures on financial performance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by revues.org in its journal Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie.
Volume (Year): 8 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.revues.org/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M49 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simons, Robert, 1987. "Accounting control systems and business strategy: An empirical analysis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 357-374, June.
- Govindarajan, V. & Gupta, Anil K., 1985. "Linking control systems to business unit strategy: impact on performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 51-66, January.
- Kald, Magnus & Nilsson, Fredrik, 2000. "Performance measurement at Nordic companies," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 113-127, February.
- Chenhall, R. H. & Langfield-Smith, K., 1998. "The relationship between strategic priorities, management techniques and management accounting: an empirical investigation using a systems approach," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 243-264, April.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Lee, Seok-Young & Potter, Gordon, 1996. "A field study of the impact of a performance-based incentive plan," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 195-226, April.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Potter, Gordon & Schroeder, Roger G., 1995. "An empirical analysis of manufacturing overhead cost drivers," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 115-137, February.
- Perera, S. & Harrison, G. & Poole, M., 1997. "Customer-focused manufacturing strategy and the use of operations-based non-financial performance measures: A research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 557-572, August.
- Langfield-Smith, Kim, 1997. "Management control systems and strategy: A critical review," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 207-232, February.
- Epstein, Marc & Manzoni, Jean-François, 1998. "Implementing corporate strategy:: From Tableaux de Bord to balanced scorecards," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 190-203, April.
- Merchant, Kenneth A., 1984. "Influences on departmental budgeting: an empirical examination of a contingency model," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(3-4), pages 291-307, October.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00525349 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gérard Charreaux).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.