Estimation In An Additive Model When The Components Are Linked Parametrically
AbstractMotivated by a nonparametric GARCH model we consider nonparametric additive autoregression models in the special case that the additive components are linked parametrically. We show that the parameter can be estimated with parametric rate and give the normal limit. Our procedure is based on two steps. In the first step nonparametric smoothers are used for the estimation of each additive component without taking into account the parametric link of the functions. In a second step the parameter is estimated by using the parametric restriction between the additive components. Interestingly, our method needs no undersmoothing in the first step.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 18 (2002)
Issue (Month): 04 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oliver Linton & Enno Mammen, 2003.
"Estimating semiparametric ARCH (8) models by kernel smoothing methods,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2187, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Enno Mammen & Oliver Linton, 2004. "Estimating Semiparametric ARCH Models by Kernel Smoothing Methods," FMG Discussion Papers dp511, Financial Markets Group.
- Oliver Linton & Enno Mammen, 2003. "Estimating Semiparametric ARCH (8) Models by Kernel Smoothing Methods," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2003/453, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Yang, Lijian, 2006. "A semiparametric GARCH model for foreign exchange volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 365-384, February.
- Dette, Holger & Pardo-Fernandez, Juan Carlos & van Keilegom, Ingrid, 2007. "Goodness-of-fit tests for multiplicativemodels with dependent data," Technical Reports 2007,34, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.