Invoicing-Currency Effects in the Pricing of Japanese Exports of Manufactures
AbstractThe ratio of Japanese export prices to the domestic output price of manufacturers is sensitive to the real exchange rate of the U.S. dollar as well as to that of the yen in the short run. In the long run, however, only the yen real exchange rate is significant. These findings are attributed to the use of the U.S. dollar as an invoicing currency for a large proportion of Japanese exports (even those destined for non-U.S. markets), in conjunction with lags between price-setting and delivery.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Canadian Economics Association in its journal Canadian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canadian Economics Association Prof. Steven Ambler, Secretary-Treasurer c/o Olivier Lebert, CEA/CJE/CPP Office C.P. 35006, 1221 Fleury Est Montréal, Québec, Canada H2C 3K4
Web page: http://economics.ca/cje/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sushanta Mallick & Helena Marques, 2008.
"Passthrough of Exchange Rate and Tariffs into Import Prices of India: Currency Depreciation versus Import Liberalization,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(4), pages 765-782, 09.
- Sushanta Mallick & Helena Marques, 2007. "Pass-through of Exchange Rate and Tariffs into Import Prices of India: Currency Depreciation versus Import Liberalisation," Working Papers 3, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Athukorala, Premachandra & Menon, Jayant, 1994.
"Pricing to Market Behaviour and Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Japanese Exports,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 271-81, March.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Jayant Menon, 1992. "Pricing to Market Behaviour and Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Japanese Exports," Working Papers 1992.32, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- David C. Parsley, 2004.
"Pricing in International Markets: a "Small-country" Benchmark,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 509-524, 08.
- David Parsley, 2002. "Pricing in International Markets: a 'Small-Country' Benchmark," International Finance 0211002, EconWPA.
- David C. Parsley, 2001. "Pricing in International Markets: A 'Small Country' Benchmark," Working Papers 112001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- David C. Parsley, 2003.
"Exchange rate pass-through in a small open economy: Panel evidence from Hong Kong,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 99-107.
- David C. Parsley, 2001. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through in a Small Open Economy: Panel Evidence from Hong Kong," Working Papers 102001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- repec:ltr:wpaper:1994.08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Jayant Manon, 1994.
"Exchange Rates and Strategic Pricing: the Case of Swedish Machinery Exports,"
1994.08, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Athukorala, Premachandra & Menon, Jayant, 1995. "Exchange Rates and Strategic Pricing: The Case of Swedish Machinery Exports," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(4), pages 533-46, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.