Modelling the Policy Issues in Services Trade
AbstractThis paper considers what special features of services need to be taken into account in modelling services trade, and summarises methods to quantify barriers to services trade. One feature of services trade policy is the formal recognition within the WTO of commercial presence as a method by which services are traded. To capture services delivered via FDI, modellers need to distinguish the ownership as well as the location of economic activity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CEPII research center in its journal Economie Internationale.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): 94-95 ()
Trade; International Factor Movements; International Business;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rod Tyers & Lucy Rees, 2008.
"Service Oligopolies And Australia'S Economy-Wide Performance,"
CAMA Working Papers
2008-05, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Rod Tyers & Lucy Rees, 2008. "Service Oligopolies and Australia's Economy-Wide Performance," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2008-490, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Elisabeth M. Christen & Joseph Francois & Bernard Hoekman, 2012.
"CGE Modeling of Market Access in Services,"
Economics working papers
2012-08, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Elisabeth Christen & Joseph Francois & Bernard Hoekman, 2012. "CGE modeling of market access in services," Working Papers 2012-13, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Christen, Elisabeth & Francois, Joseph & Hoekman, Bernard, 2012. "CGE modeling of market access in services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6106, The World Bank.
- Christen, Elisabeth & Francois, Joseph & Hoekman, Bernard, 2013. "Computable General Equilibrium Modeling of Market Access in Services," Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, Elsevier.
- Miroudot, Sébastien & Sauvage, Jehan & Shepherd, Ben, 2010. "Measuring the Cost of International Trade in Services," MPRA Paper 27655, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.