La gestión de la comunicación como elemento generador de transparencia en las organizaciones no lucrativas
AbstractNon-profit organisations are enjoying an increasing amount of power and influence in Spain when it comes to raising citizen awareness on issues such as the environment, cooperation and human rights. However, they are gradually losing that aura of trust and credibility, due to their close links with companies and governments that make people question their independence. Some scandals or bad management practices have appeared in the press. Also, it is a sector for which we do not have real data, therefore preventing us from knowing how many of these organisations there are or what budgets they work with. Communication management, which can be used as a strategy to increase transparency, is scarcely implemented in non-profit organisations. This type of management could improve their image, increase confidence and strengthen their long-term reputation with all the stakeholders, thus helping them to gain support and legitimacy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 57 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Communication; transparency; confidence; reputation; NGO; non-profit organisations; Third Sector; corruption.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L30 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - General
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Social Responsibility
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.