Les mesures monétaires et directes de la pauvreté sont-elles substituables ? Investigations sur base de la courbe du ROC
AbstractThe practical utility of the non monetary approaches of poverty is assessed on the basis of the study of the overlap between income and direct outcome measures of poverty. The use of the graphic method of the curve of the Receiver Operating Characteristics allows, contrary to the approach traditionally used, to assess the degree of overlap independently of the threshold of deprivation. The application of this methodology to the data of the European Community Household Panel shows a significant discrepancy between these approaches, hence advocating for a complementary, rather than substitutable, use of these approaches and for further research on the methods of measurement of multidimensional poverty. JEL Classification ? I32.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Boeck Université in its journal Recherches économiques de Louvain.
Volume (Year): 75 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-recherches-economiques-de-louvain.htm
income poverty; material deprivation; receiver operating characteristic;
Other versions of this item:
- Fusco, Alessio, 2006. "Les mesures monétaires et directes de la pauvreté sont-elles substituables ? Investigations sur base de la courbe du ROC," IRISS Working Paper Series 2006-13, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valentova, Marie, 2007. "Attitudes to Family Policy Arrangements in Relation to Attitudes to Family and division of Labour between Genders," IRISS Working Paper Series 2007-05, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Mussard, Stéphane & Terraza, Michel, 2007.
"Décompositions des mesures d’inégalité : le cas des coefficients de Gini et d'entropie,"
IRISS Working Paper Series
2007-03, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Stéphane Mussard & Michel Terraza, 2009. "Décompositions des mesures d'inégalité : le cas des coefficients de Gini et d'entropie," Recherches économiques de Louvain, De Boeck Université, vol. 75(2), pages 151-181.
- Stéphane Mussard & Michel Terraza, 2007. "Décompositions des mesures d'inégalité : le cas des coefficients de Gini et d'entropie," Cahiers de recherche 07-09, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Stéphane Mussard & Michel Terraza, 2009. "Décompositions des mesures d’inégalité : le cas des coefficients de Gini et d’entropie," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2009022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Kankarash, Milosh & Moors, Guy, 2007. "Heterogeneity in solidarity attitudes in Europe. Insights from a multiple-group latent-class factor approach," IRISS Working Paper Series 2007-06, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD, revised Jun 2007.
- Lilla, Marco, 2007. "Income Inequality and Education Premia," IRISS Working Paper Series 2007-11, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Voicu, Bogdan & Voicu, Malina & Strapcova, Katarina, 2007. "Engendered housework. A cross-european analysis," IRISS Working Paper Series 2007-07, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.