On Labour Market Policies and Aggregate Unemployment Outflows
AbstractThis paper is interested in the modeling of the relationship between active and passive labor market policies and the aggregate unemployment outflow rate. The authors' model is based on a matching function and includes a simple representation of the competition between various groups of job searchers. The empirical analysis uses Belgian data. Faced with variables that are often integrated of order one according to the usual tests but which cannot strictly speaking be integrated, the authors contribute to an important methodological debate by comparing the conclusions of a classical econometric analysis and a cointegration approach. Copyright 1997 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Oxford in its journal Oxford Bulletin of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 59 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0305-9049
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Dor, E. & Van der Linden, B. & Lopez-Novella, M., 1995. "On Labour Market Policies and Aggregate Unemployment Outflows," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1995015, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Dor & Bruno Van der Linden, 2001. "Allocations, sanctions et formations : leur impact sur la formation des salaires et le taux de sortie du chômage," Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 117-131.
- Bruno Van der Linden & Eric Dor, 2003. "The net effect of unemployment benefits, sanctions and training on regular employment," Working Papers 2003-ECO-01, IESEG School of Management.
- Martin Robson, 2006. "Sectoral shifts, employment specialization and the efficiency of matching: An analysis using UK regional data," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(7), pages 743-754.
- Van der Linden, Bruno & Dor, Eric, 2001. "Labor Market Policies and Equilibrium Employment : Theory and Application for Belgium," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2001005, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Van Haeperen, Béatrice, 1998. "La courbe de Beveridge : Belgique, 1970 - 1993," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1998019, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Bruno Van der Linden, 1997. "Effets des formations professionnelles et des aides à l'embauche : exploitation d'une enquête auprès d'employeurs belges," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 131(5), pages 113-130.
- Van der Linden, Bruno & Dor, Eric, 1998. "The net effect of unemployment benefits, sanctions and training on aggregate unemployment outflows," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2000020, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 07 Sep 2000.
- Van der Linden, Bruno, 1997. "Basic income and unemployment in a unionized economy," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997014, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 10 Jul 1997.
- Michael White and Genevieve Knight, 2003. "Benchmarking the effectiveness of NDYP: A review of European and US literature on the microeconomic effects of labour market programmes for young people," PSI Research Discussion Series 10, Policy Studies Institute, UK.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.