A Distribution Generating Equation for Unit-Root Statistics
AbstractA unified framework to derive the distribution of conventional statistics under a unit root is presented. It is based on formulae which can generate (analytically as well as numerically) the densities and distributions of statistics such as the t ratio, the normalized autocorrelation coefficient, and many more. The name density (or distribution) generating equation is given to these formulae. As a practical example, the numerical and analytical aspects of the distribution of the t ratio under a unit root are discussed. Suggestions for further applications and extensions of these formulae are also given. Copyright 1992 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Oxford in its journal Oxford Bulletin of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 54 (1992)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0305-9049
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karim M. Abadir & Andre Lucas, 2000. "A Comparison of Minimum MSE and Maximum Power for the nearly Integrated Non-Gaussian Model," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-033/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Rothenberg, Thomas J. & Stock, James H., 1997. "Inference in a nearly integrated autoregressive model with nonnormal innovations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 269-286, October.
- Karim M. Abadir & Andre Lucas, 2000.
"A Comparison of Minimum MSE and Maximum Power for the nearly Integrated Non-Gaussian Model,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
00-033/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Abadir, Karim M. & Lucas, Andre, 2004. "A comparison of minimum MSE and maximum power for the nearly integrated non-Gaussian model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 45-71, March.
- Karim M. Abadir & André Lucas, . "A Comparison of Minimum MSE and Maximum Power for the Nearly Integrated Non-Gaussian Model," Discussion Papers 00/21, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Abadir, Karim M. & Lucas, Andre, 2000. "Quantiles for t-statistics based on M-estimators of unit roots," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 131-137, May.
- Hendrik P. van Dalen & Kene Henkens, 2000. "What makes a Scientific Article influential?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-032/1, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.