Core ERM Money Demand and Effects on Inflation
AbstractThis paper presents evidence supporting the existence of a stable money demand relationship for Germany plus a core group of countries--France, Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg--that have not realigned their parities against the deutsche mark since at least 1987. The predictive power of the core-ERM aggregate for French and German inflation is also examined; it is shown that the ERM aggregate is a better predictor of German inflation than the German monetary aggregate alone. Thus, the ERM money supply is a useful indicator for German monetary policy, even if the latter only focuses on achieving domestic inflation targets. Copyright 1997 by Blackwell Publishers Ltd and The Victoria University of Manchester
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Manchester in its journal The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies.
Volume (Year): 65 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manchester M13 9PL
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/disciplines/economics/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hayo, Bernd, 1998.
"Estimating a European demand for money,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 05-1998, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- Abelardo Salazar Neaves & Oliver Hossfeld & Jan Hagen & Kai Carstensen, 2008.
"Money Demand Stability and Inflation: Prediction in the Four Largest EMU Countries,"
Kiel Working Papers
1443, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Kai Carstensen & Jan Hagen & Oliver Hossfeld & Abelardo Salazar Neaves, 2009. "Money Demand Stability And Inflation Prediction In The Four Largest Emu Countries," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 56(1), pages 73-93, 02.
- Kai Carstensen & Jan Hagen & Oliver Hossfeld & Abelardo Salazar Neaves, 2008. "Money Demand Stability and Inflation Prediction in the Four Largest EMU Countries," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 61, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.