The Dynamic Competitive Firm under Spot Price Uncertainty
AbstractThe main result of this paper is that the classic "marginal cost equals price " condition for the output of the perfectly competitive firm in a one-period certain world carries over to a many-period uncertain world if the firm is allowed to hold inventories and if there exists a forward market for the firm's product. This implies the separation of the firm's output decision from its sales decision, and the separation of the firm's output decisions in different periods. Furthermore, output is unaffected by the uncertainty and the firm's attitude to it, though the sales decisions do depend on these factors. Copyright 1987 by Blackwell Publishers Ltd and The Victoria University of Manchester
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Manchester in its journal The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies.
Volume (Year): 55 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manchester M13 9PL
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/disciplines/economics/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wahl, Jack E. & Broll, Udo, 2009. "Güterwirtschaftliches Risikomanagement: Ein Entscheidungsmodell zur Lagerpolitik bei Unsicherheit," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 14/09, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Lence, Sergio H. & Sakong, Yong & Hayes, Dermot J., 1994.
"Multiperiod Production with Forward and Options Markets,"
Staff General Research Papers
634, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Sergio H. Lence & Yong Sakong & Dermot J. Hayes, 1993. "Multiperiod Production with Forward and Options Markets," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 93-wp112, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.