Trade and Dynamic Efficiency
AbstractThis paper studies possible impacts of international trade on domestic innovative activity. In the light of Schumpeterian ideas of dynamic efficiency, observed evidence of a positive relationship between static efficiency and trade may be undesirable. The paper examines the question by means of an econometric analysis of a huge data set of individual firms. The findings are: exporting reduces the effect of firm size on process innovations; and import competition, a larger integration in the foreign markets, and external demand support innovative activity. Copyright 1987 by WWZ and Helbing & Lichtenhahn Verlag AG
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Kyklos.
Volume (Year): 40 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0023-5962
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergio De Nardis & Marco Ventura, 2012. "Effect Of Firm Innovation On Labour Force Composition: The Case Of Italian Manufacturing," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(1), pages 338-353.
- Eliasson, Gunnar & Lundberg, Lars, 1989. "The Creation of the EC Internal Market and Its Effects on the Competitiveness of Producers in Other Industrial Economies," Working Paper Series 229, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Walter García Fontes & Ruben Tansini, 1996. "The effects of trade liberalization on R&D investments: the case of the Uruguayan manufacturing industry," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0396, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Lorenzo Pupillo & Klaus Zimmermann, 1991. "Relative export prices and firm size in imperfect markets," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 295-304, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.