Strategic Trade Policy with Heterogeneous Costs
AbstractThe paper examines optimal strategic trade policy under a heterogeneous cost oligopoly. The first-best policy involves a structure of firm-specific export subsidies/taxes in which the government favours the most efficient firms only with a sufficiently low social cost of public funds. Copyright 2001 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Board of Trustees of the Bulletin of Economic Research
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Bulletin of Economic Research.
Volume (Year): 53 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0307-3378
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jinji, Naoto & Toshimitsu, Tsuyoshi, 2013. "Strategic R&D policy in a quality-differentiated industry with three exporting countries," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 132-142.
- Wang, X. Henry & Zhao, Jingang, 2007. "Welfare reductions from small cost reductions in differentiated oligopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 173-185, February.
- Mark Gersovitz, 2006. "The Size Distribution of Firms, Cournot, and Optimal Taxation," IMF Working Papers 06/271, International Monetary Fund.
- Ela Glowicka, 2005.
"Bailouts in a Common Market: A Strategic Approach,"
CIG Working Papers, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG)
SP II 2005-20, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Glowicka, Ela, 2005. "Bailouts in a common market: a strategic approach," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 177, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Winston Chang & Hajime Sugeta, 2005. "Cost asymmetry, oligopolistic competition and optimal trade and industrial policies," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 95-114.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.