Principal and Agent Problems in Superannuation Funds
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research in its journal The Australian Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 36 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010
Phone: +61 3 8344 2100
Fax: +61 3 8344 2111
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0004-9018
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Michael E. Drew & Jon D. Stanford, 2003. "Principal and Agent Problems in Superannuation Funds," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 142, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Drew, Michael E. & Stanford, Jon D., 2001. "The Impact of Fund Attrition on Superannuation Returns," Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance, vol. 31(1), pages 25-32, March.
- Kingston, G. & Piggot, J. & Bateman, H., 1992. "Customized Investment Strategies for Accumulations Superannuation," Papers 92-12, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan & Wermers, Russ, 1995. "Momentum Investment Strategies, Portfolio Performance, and Herding: A Study of Mutual Fund Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1088-1105, December.
- Michael E. Drew & John Stanford, 2001. "Asset Selection And Superannuation Fund Performance: A Note For Trustees," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 20(1), pages 57-65, 03.
- Mark Grinblatt & Sheridan Titman, .
"Mutual Fund Performance: An Analysis of Quarterly Portfolio Holdings,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
23-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan D, 1989. "Mutual Fund Performance: An Analysis of Quarterly Portfolio Holdings," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(3), pages 393-416, July.
- Myerson, Roger B., 1982. "Optimal coordination mechanisms in generalized principal-agent problems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 67-81, June.
- Harless, David W. & Peterson, Steven P., 1998. "Investor behavior and the persistence of poorly-performing mutual funds," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 257-276, November.
- Goetzmann, William N & Peles, Nadav, 1997. "Cognitive Dissonance and Mutual Fund Investors," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 145-58, Summer.
- Michael E. Drew & Jon D. Stanford, 2002. "The Economics of Choice of Superannuation Fund," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 102, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Radner, Roy, 1985. "Repeated Principal-Agent Games with Discounting," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 1173-98, September.
- repec:apr:aprewp:wp0010 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sy, Wilson, 2010. "Cost, performance and portfolio composition of small pension funds in Australia," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 345-368, July.
- Michael E. Drew, 2010. "The Puzzle of Financial Reporting and Corporate Short- Termism: A Universal Ownership Perspective," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:201005, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Karen Benson & Marion Hutchinson & Ashwin Sriram, 2011. "Governance in the Australian Superannuation Industry," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 183-200, March.
- Terry Hallahan & Robert Faff & Karen Benson, 2008. "Fortune Favours the Bold? Exploring Tournament Behavior among Australian Superannuation Funds," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 205-220, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.