Casual Employment in Australia: A Further Analysis
AbstractCasual employment is steadily increasing its share of total employment in Australia. This paper analyses some of the factors that have led to this situation by extending the work of Simpson, Dawkins and Madden (1997). The results, while confirming some of their research and clarifying the role of union membership in limiting the spread of casual employment, also show that the determinants of casual employment in Australia are sensitive to the period of estimation and the form of model used. Copyright 1999 by Blackwell Publishers Ltd/University of Adelaide and Flinders University of South Australia
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Australian Economic Papers.
Volume (Year): 38 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0004-900X
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Greg Murtough & Matthew Waite, 2001. "The Diversity of Casual Contract Employment," Labor and Demography 0105003, EconWPA.
- Huong Vu & Steven Lim & Mark Holmes & Tinh Doan, 2012.
"Firm Exporting and Employee Benefits: First Evidence from Vietnam Manufacturing SMEs,"
Working Papers in Economics
12/12, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Huong Vu & Steven Lim & Mark Holmes & Tinh Doan, 2013. "Firm Exporting and Employee Benefits: First Evidence from Vietnam Manufacturing SMEs," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(1), pages 519-535.
- Vu, Van Huong, 2012. "Does export participation affect wages and employment quality? the case of Vietnamese SMEs," MPRA Paper 38696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Climent Serrano, S., 2004. "Utilización y conocimiento de la herramientas de medición y su relación con los costes de calidad en las empresas certificadas en la norma ISO 9000 de la Comunidad Valenciana/Use and Knowledge of t," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 22, pages 369-389, Agosto.
- Maureen Were, 2011. "Is There a Link Between Casual Employment and Export-Orientation of Firms? The Case of Kenya’s Manufacturing Sector," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 227-242, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.