Keynes with a Perfectly Competitive Goods Market
AbstractA geometric model of an economy with a perfectly competitive goods market based on chapters three and five of Keynes's Genera l Theory is developed. Short-run equilibrium, as well as disequilibri um dynamics, using a market period equilibrium concept, are examined. The model is compared to other Keynesian models; this reveals some p roblems with the fixprice microfoundations approach, and shows how th e diagonal cross and post-Keynesian models, despite some problems, ca n be appropriately reformulated and interpreted. Copyright 1987 by Blackwell Publishers Ltd/University of Adelaide and Flinders University of South Australia
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Australian Economic Papers.
Volume (Year): 26 (1987)
Issue (Month): 49 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0004-900X
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Hayes, 2006. "On the efficiency of fair trade," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(4), pages 447-468.
- Amitava K. Dutt & Peter Skott, 2005. "Keynesian Theory and the AD-AS Framework: A Reconsideration," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2005-11, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2004.
"Explaining the Aggregate Price Level with Keynes’s Principle of Effective Demand,"
KOF Working papers
04-95, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2006. "Explaining the aggregate price level with Keynes's principle of effective demand," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(4), pages 469-492.
- Mark Hayes, 2006. "The Economics of Keynes: A New Guide to The General Theory," Books, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG), number nggt, December.
- BOIANOVSKY, Mauro, 2001.
"Patinkin, the cowles commission, and the theory of unemployment and aggregate supply,"
2001039, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Mauro Boianovsky, 2002. "Patinkin, the Cowles Commission, and the theory of unemployment and aggregate supply," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 226-259.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.