Big Reforms but Small Payoffs: Explaining the Weak Record of Growth in Indian Manufacturing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Global Economy and Development Program, The Brookings Institution in its journal India Policy Forum.
Volume (Year): 5 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1775 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20036-2188
Web page: http://www.brookings.edu/global/India-Policy-Forum.aspx
More information through EDIRC
India; macroeconomics; manufacturing; growth; reform; economy; capital;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rajeev Dehejia & Arvind Panagariya, . "Services Growth in India: A Look Inside the Black Box," Working Papers 4444, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University.
- Sean Dougherty & Verónica C. Frisancho Robles & Kala Krishna, 2011.
"Employment Protection Legislation and Plant-Level Productivity in India,"
NBER Working Papers
17693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sean Dougherty & Verónica Frisancho Robles & Kala Krishna, 2011. "Employment Protection Legislation and Plant-Level Productivity in India," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 917, OECD Publishing.
- Gupta, Poonam & Kumar, Utsav, 2010. "Performance of Indian Manufacturing in the Post Reform Period," MPRA Paper 24898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J.Salcedo Cain & Rana Hasan & Devashish Mitra, 2010. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty Reduction: New Evidence from Indian States," Working Papers 3333, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University, revised Nov 2010.
- Asha Sundaram & Reshad Ahsan & Devashish Mitra, 2012. "Complementarity between Formal and Informal Manufacturing in India: The Role of Policies and Institutions," Working Papers 1116, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University, revised Apr 2012.
- Rana Hasan & Karl Robert L. Jandoc, 2012. "Labor Regulations and the Firm Size Distribution in Indian Manufacturing," Working Papers 1118, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University, revised Jan 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eric Encarnacion).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.