SMEs in the manufacturing sector in France an intermediate position compared with eight other European countries
AbstractSMEs in the manufacturing sector in France have an adequate level of capital and reserves and a relatively small amount of debt. Trade accounts receivable and payable are greater than in German SMMEs and their profitability remained below that of their German counterparts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Banque de France in its journal Quarterly selection of articles - bulletin de la Banque de France.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 18 (Summer)
SMMEs; capital and reserves; debt; trade accounts receivable and payable; profitability; European comparisons; BACH.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- ., 2010. "The position of firms in 2009: a decline in business and a reluctance to invest during the crisis," Quarterly selection of articles - Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 20, pages 5-35, Winter.
- Kremp, Elizabeth & Sevestre, Patrick, 2013.
"Did the crisis induce credit rationing for French SMEs?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3757-3772.
- Kremp, E. & Sevestre, P., 2012. "Did the crisis induce credit rationing for French SMEs?," Working papers 405, Banque de France.
- Ferrando, Annalisa & Mulier, Klaas, 2013.
"Do firms use the trade credit channel to manage growth?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3035-3046.
- Ferrando, Annalisa & Mulier, Klaas, 2012. "Do firms use the trade credit channel to manage growth?," Working Paper Series 1502, European Central Bank.
- A. Ferrando & K. Mulier, 2012. "Do Firms Use the Trade Credit Channel to Manage Growth?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/820, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Cayssials, J.L. & Kremp, E., 2010. "The financial position of SMEs in 2009: a financial structure that has proven resilient to the crisis," Quarterly selection of articles - Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 19, pages 31-62, Autumn.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael brassart).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.