The position of firms in 2009: a decline in business and a reluctance to invest during the crisis
AbstractIn 2009, French firms saw a sharp drop in business, particularly export sales. Their response to the crisis and their prudence enabled them to preserve their financial structure relatively well. In a very cautious environment, there was a sharp decline in investment. The situations of individual fi rms were highly contrasting.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Banque de France in its journal Quarterly selection of articles - bulletin de la Banque de France.
Volume (Year): (2010-2011)
Issue (Month): 20 (Winter)
activity; profi tability; debt; investment; SMEs; MTEs.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cayssials, J. L. & Kremp, E., 2010. "SMEs in the manufacturing sector in France an intermediate position compared with eight other European countries," Quarterly selection of articles - Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 18, pages 27-44, Summer.
- Cayssials, J-L. & Kremp, E., 2010. "La situation des PME en 2009 : leur structure financière résiste à la crise," Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 181, pages 31-51.
- Muñoz, Mª Pilar & Márquez, María Dolores & Sánchez, Josep A., 2011. "Contagion between United States and european markets during the recent crises," MPRA Paper 35993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Christine Petit-Djemad).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.