Empirical Bayes Small-Area Estimation Using Logistic Regression Models and Summary Statistics
AbstractMany available methods for estimating small area parameters are model-based, where auxiliary variables are used to predict the variable of interest. For nonlinear models, prediction is not straightforward. MacGibbon and Tomberlin (1989) and Farrell, MacGibbon, and Tomberlin (1994) have proposed methods which require micro-data for each individual in a small area. Here, the authors use a second-order Taylor series expansion to obtain model-based predictions which only require local area summary statistics in the case of either continuous or categorical auxiliary variables. The methodology is evaluated using U.S. census data.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Àlex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2001. "Estimadores compuestos en estadística regional: aplicación para la tasa de variación de la ocupación en la industria," Economics Working Papers 590, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Alex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2003. "An Empirical Evaluation of Five Small Area Estimators," General Economics and Teaching 0312003, EconWPA.
- Àlex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2003. "Using composite estimators to improve both domain and total area estimation," Economics Working Papers 731, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Àlex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2003. "An empirical evaluation of small area estimators," Economics Working Papers 674, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2003.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.