Estimadores compuestos en estadística regional: aplicación para la tasa de variación de la ocupación en la industria
AbstractThis work is part of a project studying the performance of model based estimators in a small area context. We have chosen a simple statistical application in which we estimate the growth rate of accupation for several regions of Spain. We compare three estimators: the direct one based on straightforward results from the survey (which is unbiassed), and a third one which is based in a statistical model and that minimizes the mean square error.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra in its series Economics Working Papers with number 590.
Date of creation: Dec 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.upf.edu/
Borrowing strength; empirical best linear unbiased prediction; mean square error; synthetic estimation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C42 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Survey Methods
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pfeffermann, Danny & Barnard, Charles H, 1991. "Some New Estimators for Small-Area Means with Application to the Assessment of Farmland Values," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(1), pages 73-84, January.
- Farrell, Patrick J & MacGibbon, Brenda & Tomberlin, Thomas J, 1997. "Empirical Bayes Small-Area Estimation Using Logistic Regression Models and Summary Statistics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 101-8, January.
- Isaki, Cary T, 1990. "Small-Area Estimation of Economic Statistics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(4), pages 435-41, October.
- Miguel Juan Clar Lopez & Raul Ramos Lobo & Jordi Surinach Caralt, 1998. "Algunes reflexions sobre la construccio d'indicadors indirectes pel seguiment de l'activitat industrial regional," Working Papers in Economics 40, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.