Determinants Of Increasing Eu Funds Absorption Capacity In Romania
AbstractThe study found that, during the early post-accession years, Romania failed toattract European funds, at least to the same extent to the national contribution at thecommunity budget, registering a net expenditure as an EU member. The determinants ofincreasing EU funds absorption rate are related, among other, to the availability of internalresources for projects co-financing, adequate administrative capacity at central and locallevels, appropriate inter-institutional coordination and public-private partnerships, highskills and motivation of human resources working in operational programs ManagementAuthorities and intermediary bodies. Activating these determinants could be an opportunityfor sustaining economic growth of Romania and recovering the development gap, which issupposed to alleviate also the adverse effects of international financial crisis on EU countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia in its journal Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica.
Volume (Year): 2 (2008)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
Contact details of provider:
economic development; EU integration; structural funds; determinants of absorptioncapacity; absorption rate; operational programs.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudiu George Bocean, 2012. "Absorption Capacity Of Eu Funds In Romania," Revista Tinerilor Economisti (The Young Economists Journal), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(18), pages 123-130, April.
- Iulian PANAIT & Liviu UZLAU, 2013. "Study Of The Financial Performance For Romanian Listed Companies Beneficiary Of Non-Repayable European Funds," Internal Auditing and Risk Management, Athenaeum University of Bucharest, vol. 2(30), pages 285-295, June.
- Gheorghe Epuran & Luminita Zait & Bogdan Nichifor & Laura Timiras, 2011. "Predisposing factors and barriers in the absorption of EU funds - conceptual and operational aspects," Studies and Scientific Researches. Economics Edition, "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacau, Faculty of Economic Sciences, issue 16-17.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.