Risk, Uncertainty and Farm Management Decisions
AbstractThe objective of this paper is to give a brief exposition of the decision criteria commonly propounded for decisions under risk and uncertainty. The review of these criteria in the context of farm management decisions reiterates the inappropriateness of all except the expected utility hypothesis, and it is concluded that utility analysis has considerable potential as an operational tool in farm management.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its journal Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (1968)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Farm Management; Risk and Uncertainty;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Powell, Roy A. & Hardaker, J. Brian, 1969. "Recent Developments in Farm Planning: Sub-Optimal Programming Methods for Practical Farm Planning," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 37(02), June.
- Anderson, Jock R., 1971. "Guidelines for Applied Agricultural Research: Designing, Reporting and Interpreting Experiments," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(03), September.
- Nelson, A. Gene, 1980. "The Case For And Components Of A Probabilistic Agricultural Outlook Program," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 5(02), December.
- Malcolm, Bill, 1990. "Fifty Years of Farm Management in Australia: Survey and Review," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 58(01), April.
- Officer, R.R. & Halter, A.N. & Dillon, John L., 1967. "Risk, Utility And The Palatabilty Of Extension Advice To Farmer Groups," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 11(02), December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.