Principles of Australian Quarantine
AbstractThis article provides an overview of the report on Australia’s quarantine policies and procedures, Australian Quarantine. The Report proposes fundamental changes to Australia’s approach to quarantine and recommends: the development of a partnership between industry, governments and the general public; the establishment of a statutory authority to develop Australia’s quarantine policy and to ensure national delivery of quarantine services; acknowledgment of the importance of maintaining Australia’s unique natural environment; the need to redress the imbalance between the plant and animal sectors; development of a more formally structured process for conducting risk analyses; and expanding the scope of quarantine beyond the ‘barrier’ to cover pre‐border, border and post‐border activities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its journal Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 41 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beghin, John C. & Melatos, Mark, 2011.
"The Trade and Welfare Impact of Australian Quarantine Policies: The Case of Pigmeat,"
Staff General Research Papers
34135, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- John Beghin & Mark Melatos, 2012. "The Trade and Welfare Impacts of Australian Quarantine Policies: The Case of Pigmeat," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(8), pages 1006-1021, 08.
- Beghin, John C. & Melatos, Mark, 2012. "The Trade and Welfare Impact of Australian Quarantine Policies: The Case of Pigmeat," Staff General Research Papers 34134, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Fraser, Rob W., 2000. "An Economic Risk Assessment of the Impact on Producers of Removing Quarantine Restrictions," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123647, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Niemi, Jyrki S. & Peltola, Jukka & Simola, Antti, 2008. "Technical Barrier Effects of a Food Safety Measure – a Case of Finnish Salmonella Control Program," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43953, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.