Wie wirkt sich Outsourcing auf den Unternehmenserfolg aus? Neue Evidenz
AbstractBased on data from the German Cost Structure Census from approximately 39,000 companies between the years of 1992 to 2003, we investigate how outsourcing activities affected the return on sales of companies. We find that outsourcing activities, particularly by large companies, significantly increased from 1992 to 2000 but did not increase much since then. The main result of our study is that the tested outsourcing indicators can hardly explain the differences in the companies’ profits; in other words, outsourcing does not play a major role in explaining company success.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Duncker & Humblot, Berlin in its journal Schmollers Jahrbuch.
Volume (Year): 125 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.duncker-humblot.de
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joachim Wagner, 2006. "Politikrelevante Folgerungen aus Analysen mit wirtschaftsstatistischen Einzeldaten der Amtlichen Statistik," Working Paper Series in Economics 16, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Andreas Stephan, 2007. "Der Nutzen von Firmendaten für die wirtschaftspolitische Beratung: Editorial," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 76(3), pages 5-7.
- Joachim Wagner, 2011.
"Offshoring and firm performance: self-selection, effects on performance, or both?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 147(2), pages 217-247, June.
- Wagner, Joachim, 2009. "Offshoring and Firm Performance: Self-Selection, Effects on Performance, or Both?," IZA Discussion Papers 4605, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joachim Wagner, 2009. "Offshoring and firm performance: Self-selection, effects on performance, or both?," Working Paper Series in Economics 153, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriele Freudenmann).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.