On Leland's Strategy of Option Pricing with Transaction Costs
AbstractWe compute the limiting hedging error of the Leland strategy for the approximate pricing of the European call option in a market with transactions costs. It is not equal to zero in the case when the level of transactions costs is a constant, in contradiction with the claim in Leland (1985).
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes in its series SFB 373 Discussion Papers with number 1995,65.
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Yuri M. Kabanov & (*), Mher M. Safarian, 1997. "On Leland's strategy of option pricing with transactions costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 239-250.
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emmanuel Denis & Yuri Kabanov, 2010.
"Mean square error for the Leland–Lott hedging strategy: convex pay-offs,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 625-667, December.
- Lépinette-Denis, Emmanuel & Kabanov, Yuri, 2010. "Mean square error for the Leland-Lott hedging strategy: convex pay-offs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4654, Paris Dauphine University.
- Ostermark, Ralf, 1998. "Call option pricing and replication under economic friction," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 184-195, July.
- Paolo Pellizzari, 2003.
"Static Hedging of Multivariate Derivatives by Simulation,"
0311013, EconWPA, revised 04 Dec 2003.
- Pellizzari, P., 2005. "Static hedging of multivariate derivatives by simulation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 166(2), pages 507-519, October.
- Erindi Allaj, 2013. "Arbitrage pricing theory under transaction costs and application to the Tobin tax," Papers 1310.1882, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2013.
- Huu Thai Nguyen & Serguei Pergamenchtchikov, 2012. "Approximate hedging problem with transaction costs in stochastic volatility markets," Working Papers hal-00808608, HAL.
- Huu Thai Nguyen & Serguei Pergamenchtchikov, 2012. "Approximate hedging problem with transaction costs in stochastic volatility markets," Working Papers hal-00747689, HAL.
- C. Atkinson & C. A. Alexandropoulos, 2006. "Pricing a European Basket Option in the Presence of Proportional Transaction Costs," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 191-214.
- Sebastien Darses & Emmanuel Denis, 2010. "Limit Theorem for a Modified Leland Hedging Strategy under Constant Transaction Costs rate," Working Papers hal-00467704, HAL.
- Joel Vanden, 2006. "Exact Superreplication Strategies for a Class of Derivative Assets," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 61-87.
- Ehsan Azmoodeh, 2010. "On the fractional Black-Scholes market with transaction costs," Papers 1005.0211, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.