Which information should entrepreneurs on German crowdinvesting-platforms disclose?
AbstractThe disclosure requirements for firms issuing equity on German crowdinvestingplatforms are quite lax at the moment. This paper states that this loose requirement policy is not optimal in the presence of competition among platforms. First, a simple three-staged theoretical model is derived to demonstrate that competition among the platforms should result in a maximization of disclosure requirements. Second, characteristics about firms and entrepreneurs that should be revealed are identified because they have an empirically verified effect on the risk-return-profile of a company. Third, a recommendation for the practical implementation of improved disclosure requirements is offered. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Rostock, Institute of Economics in its series Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory with number 127.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
crowdinvesting; market microstructure; disclosure requirements; equity; asymmetric information; entrepreneur;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.