Exchange and Interest Rates prior to EMU: The Case of Greece
AbstractRecently a variety of exchange and interest rate models capturing the dynamics during the transition from an exchange rate arrangement of floating rates into a currency union have been derived. While these stochastic equilibrium models in continous time are theoretically rigorous, a systematic and extensive empirical validation is still lacking. Using exchange and interest rate data collected prior to the Greek EMU-entrance on 1 January 2001 this paper tries to fill the gap between theory and real-world data. The analysis reveals that the formal models can explain many features of the Greek exchange and interest rate dynamics on the road to EMU. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA) in its series HWWA Discussion Papers with number 244.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Neuer Jungfernstieg 21, D-20347 Hamburg
Web page: http://www.econstor.eu/handle/10419/20
More information through EDIRC
exchange and interest rate models; policy shifts; economic regime switching models;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wilfling, Bernd & Trede, Mark, 2004.
"Estimating Exchange Rate Dynamics with Diffusion Processes : An Application to Greek EMU Data,"
HWWA Discussion Papers
267, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Mark Trede & Bernd Wilfling, 2007. "Estimating exchange rate dynamics with diffusion processes: an application to Greek EMU data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 23-39, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.