Assessment of growth for countries of European Union
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to give an overview of typical features of selected European economies in time of the current crisis, to describe behaviour of macroeconomic variables, including various measures of GDP, but also current balance and unemployment rate as factors influencing the GDP behaviour; to analyze and compare predictions of the GDP published by the IMF and the EC expert groups and to check consistency of data on GDP available at the respective databases, published in Spring and Autumn 2011, respectively. This would prepare the background for a future forecasting exercise.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 59.
Date of creation: 04 Dec 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 02-513 Warszawa, ul. Madalinskiego 6/8
Phone: + (48)(22) 49 12 51
Fax: + (48)(22) 49 53 12
Web page: http://www.sgh.waw.pl/instytuty/zes
More information through EDIRC
financial crisis; sovereign-debt crisis; GDP forecasts; unemployment; current account; migration; rate of growth; data consistency;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E66 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General Outlook and Conditions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-25 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcin Owczarczuk).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.