Multidimensional Screening, Affiliation, and Full Separation
AbstractWe solve a class of two-dimensional screening problems in which one dimension has the standard features, while the other dimension is impossible to exaggerate and enters the agent's utility only through the message but not the true type. Natural applications are procurement and regulation where the producer's ability to produce quality and his costs of producing quantity are both unknown ; or selling to a budget constrained buyer. We show that under these assumptions, the orthogonal incentive constraints are necessary and suffcient for the full set of incentive constraints. Provided that types are affliated and all the conditional distributions of types have monotonic inverse hazard rates, the solution is fully separating in both dimensions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Warwick, Department of Economics in its series The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) with number 802.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-11 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lev, Omer, 2011. "A two-dimensional problem of revenue maximization," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 718-727.
- Moldovanu, Benny & Dizdar, Deniz & Gershkov, Alex, 2011.
"Revenue maximization in the dynamic knapsack problem,"
Econometric Society, vol. 6(2), May.
- Deniz Dizdar & Alex Gershkov & Benny Moldovanu, 2010. "Revenue Maximization in the Dynamic Knapsack Problem," Discussion Paper Series dp544, The Center for the Study of Rationality, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Mishra, Debasis & Roy, Souvik, 2013.
"Implementation in multidimensional dichotomous domains,"
Econometric Society, vol. 8(2), May.
- Debasis Mishra & Souvik Roy, 2011. "Implementation in multidimensional dichotomous domains," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 11-15, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helen Neal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.