Comparative Statics And Laws Of Scarcity For Games
AbstractA 2law of scarcity2 is that scarceness is rewarded. We demonstrate laws of scarcity for cores and approximate cores of games. Furthermore, we demonstrate conditions under which all payoffs in the core of any game in a parametized collection have an equal treatment property and show that equal treatment core payoff vectors satisfy a condition of cyclic monotonicity. Our results are developed for parameterized collections of games and exact bounds on the maximum possible deviation of approximate core payoff vectors from satisfying a law of scarcity are stated in terms of the parameters describing the games. We note that the parameters can, in principle, be estimated. Results are compared to the developments in the literature on matching markets, pregames and general equilibrium. This paper expands on results published in Kovalenkov and Wooders, Economic Theory )to appear).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Warwick, Department of Economics in its series The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) with number 715.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Monotonicity ; cooperative games ; clubs ; games with side payments (TU games) ; cyclic monotonicity ; laws of scarecity ; law of demand ; approximate cores ; effective small groups ; parameterized collection of games;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Perfect Competition
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wooders, Myrna, 2008.
"Market games and clubs,"
33968, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2010.
- Myrna Wooders, 2009. "Market Games and Clubs," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0919, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Cartwright, Edward & Conley, John & Wooders, Myrna, 2005.
"The Law of Demand in Tiebout Economies,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
734, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Edward Cartwright & Myrna Wooders, 2005. "The Law od Demand in Tiebout Economies," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0527, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Allouch, Nizar & Wooders, Myrna, 2008. "Price taking equilibrium in economies with multiple memberships in clubs and unbounded club sizes," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 246-278, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helen Neal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.