Movement of equilibrium of Cournot duopoly and the visualization of bifurcations of its adjustment dynamics
AbstractThis paper deals with the analytical and graphical representation of the bifurcations appearing from the adjustment dynamics of a 2- player Cournot duopoly, proposed by Puu (1997). We establish admissibility conditions on the initial state of the adjustment dynamics and visualize the dynamics in the space of orbits.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Microeconomics with number 0409001.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: 06 Sep 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 10. Mathematics Subject Classifications (2000). 37G15, 37N40, 65Q05, 91A80
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Bifurcation surfaces; Chaos; Cournot; Duopoly; Nonlinear dynamics; Stability.;
Other versions of this item:
- Sonis, M. & Dridi, C., 2004. "Movement of equilibrium of Cournot duopoly and the visualization of bifurcations of its adjustment dynamics," Pure Mathematics and Applications, Department of Mathematics, Corvinus University of Budapest, vol. 15(1), pages 63-72.
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIC-2004-09-12 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Friedman, James, 1993.
Handbook of Mathematical Economics,
in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 4, volume 2, chapter 11, pages 491-534
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.