Estimation of Some Omani Macroeconomic Parameters - A Discussion
AbstractThe captioned article was earlier published in “Economic Horizons” volume 18, #72 – AH 1418 – 1997 (4) Pages (65-78). I had some concerns about the article regarding the methodology adopted for analysis in deriving the macroeconomic parameters and the derivation and interpretation of dynamic multipliers. The same data set was used for addressing these concerns. The working paper demonstrated that in estimating model coefficients from aggregate data for macroeconomic purposes, system estimation and GLS methodology provided more robust estimates since there is gain in efficiency in the model coefficients which are more reliable for policy analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Macroeconomics with number 0306004.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 07 Jun 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Windows-Word; prepared on Windows-NT; to print on HP/PostScript/Franciscan monk; pages: 14; figures: included. The discussion was published in "Economic Horizon" (ISSN-1024-266X) Vol. 19 No.75/76 - AH 1419 - 1998(3)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Omani economy; Macroeconomic Parameters; International Trade; SURE; System Estimation; Investment; Net Exports;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-06-16 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.