A Proposal to Promote Local Competition: The LoopCo Plan
AbstractThe LoopCo Plan, which uses market mechanisms to promote competition, is the best approach to restructuring the telecommunications market, say its proponents, who object to the requirements and to-date implementation of the Telecommunications Act of l996. The local-loop's spin-off 's consumer and shareholder benefits are set forth, as well as its details, economics, benefits vs. alternatives, and the FCC's regulatory authority to carry it out.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Law and Economics with number 9807001.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: 15 Jul 1998
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - HTML; prepared on Macintosh; to print on Any; pages: 10 ; figures: Can be found at
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
telecommunications competition; regulation; LoopCo; Bell Operating Company; FCC; deregulation; market structure;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- L - Industrial Organization
- L0 - Industrial Organization - - General
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L4 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1998-10-02 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- LoopCo in Wikipedia (English)
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.