Towards Modernization Of The Corporate Governance In Bulgaria
AbstractThe paper aims at outlining the existing gaps in Bulgarian corporate governance compared to the standards and the state of corporate governance in developed market economies. The current state of corporate governance, the degree of ownership concentration as well as the strengths and weaknesses of corporate governance are examined for the fulfillment of this goal. On the other hand the current trends in development of corporate governance model in leading market economies are discussed. A conceptual model for modernization of corporate governance in Bulgaria is created.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Industrial Organization with number 0501004.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 03 Jan 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 18
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
corporate governance; ownership concentration; modernization of corporate governance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G - Financial Economics
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2005-01-09 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2005-01-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2005-01-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-TRA-2005-01-09 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.