Optimal Divisionalization of Cable Television Networks
AbstractIn this article, a condition for the optimal division’s number is presented, for a market with two cable operators who offer a network service. First, a reason is presented to justify a partial covering of the national market from the cable operators. Second, a problem of moral hazard is revealed, which is able to appear through the implementation of franchising schemes with independent divisions.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Industrial Organization with number 0303013.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 30 Mar 2003
Date of revision: 17 Apr 2003
Note: Type of Document - Tex/WordPerfect/Handwritten; prepared on IBM PC - PC-TEX/UNIX Sparc TeX; to print on HP/PostScript/Franciscan monk; pages: 25 ; figures: included/request from author/draw your own
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
Optimal Divisionalization; Franchising; Vertical Integration.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.