Financial Market Imperfections and Investment: an Overview
AbstractThe paper examines the interpretation of firms' investment-cash flow sensitivity as an artifact of financial market imperfection. Two alternative explanations of the financial constraints are compared. One is based on informational problems (asymmetric information). The other focuses on limited commitment between firms and financial intermediates. Empirical evidence of investment-cash flow sensitivity is discussed as well as some of the macroeconomic implications of financial market imperfections.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0409031.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 08 Sep 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 29
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Financial Accelerator; Cash Flow; Financial Constraints; Overinvestment;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2004-09-12 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-BEC-2004-09-12 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CFN-2004-09-12 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-FIN-2004-09-12 (Finance)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Calmès & Denis Cormier & Francois Éric Racicot & Raymond Théoret, 2012. "Firms' Accruals and Tobin’s q," RePAd Working Paper Series UQO-DSA-wp032012, Département des sciences administratives, UQO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.