Improved Score Tests for One-parameter Exponential Family Models
AbstractUnder suitable regularity conditions, an improved score test was derived by Cordeiro and Ferrari (1991). The test is based on a corrected score statistic which has a chi-squared distribution to order 1/n under the null hypothesis, where n is the sample size. In this paper we follow their approach and obtain a Bartlett-corrected score statistic for testing the null hypothesis theta = theta_0 where theta is the scalar parameter of a one-parameter exponential family model and theta_0 is a real number. We apply our main result to a number of special cases and derive approximations for corrections that involve unusual functions. We also obtain Bartlett-type corrections for natural exponential families.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 9508001.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: 18 Aug 1995
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - PostScript; prepared on IBM-compatible; to print on HP LaserJet 4MP (2Mb); pages: 13; figures: four (included). Browse all of our working papers at
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
Bartlett-type correction; chi-squared distribution; exponential family; score statistic; variance function;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.