Bartlett Corrections for One-Parameter Exponential Family Models
AbstractIn this paper we derive a general closed-form expression for the Bartlett correction for the test of H_0: \theta= \theta**(0), where "theta is a scalar parameter of a one-parameter exponential family model. Our results are general enough to cover many important and commonly used distributions. Several special cases and classes of variance functions of considerable importance are discussed, and some approximations based on asymptotic expansions are given. We also use a graphical analysis to examine how the correction varies with \theta in some special cases. Simulation results are also given.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 9506001.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 01 Jun 1995
Date of revision:
Note: 20 pages; 10 self-contained figures and 3 tables; written with an implementation of TeX; single PostScript file FTP'ed. E-mail to Francisco Cribari-Neto (cribari @ c22c.c-wham.siu.edu).
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Bartlett correction; chi-squared distribution; exponential family; likelihood ratio statistic;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cordeiro, Gauss M., 1993. "General matrix formulae for computing Bartlett corrections," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 11-18, January.
- Ferrari, Silvia L. P. & Cordeiro, Gauss M. & Uribe-Opazo, Miguel A. & Cribari-Neto, Francisco, 1996. "Improved score tests for one-parameter exponential family models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 61-71, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.