SURGAT: Seasonal Unit Roots Graphical Analysis and Testing device
AbstractSURGAT is a RATS menu-driven program to help in the analysis of the seasonal component and the trend of a (quarterly, monthly or annual) time series. Once the series is selected, a set of simple transformations may be applied: log, regular difference, seasonal difference, regular+seasonal difference, the series without its deterministic trend, without its deterministic seasonal, estimated efficiently in both cases by means of a deterministic+autoregressive model. The procedure offers several graphs of the series and its transformations: 1- the series, ACF , PACF and spectrum 2- seasonal filters 3- seasonal paths (Buys-Ballot plots) 4- regular paths The program also contains a menu for testing unit roots over the series and its transformations, applying the tests: 1- ADF, 2- HEGY, 3- KPSS, 4- Canova-Hansen.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 0410009.
Length: 3 pages
Date of creation: 19 Oct 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 3
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
Codec; RATS; Unit roots; Canova-Hansen; HEGY;
Other versions of this item:
- Ignacio Díaz-Emparanza, 2004. "SURGAT Seasonal Unit Roots Graphical Analysis and Testing device," Computer Programs 0401001, EconWPA, revised 19 Oct 2004.
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.