Diversity Indices of Technical Capability of 14 African Countries
AbstractI outline four, and calculate two, broad indices of the diversity of technical capability of 14 African countries based on nine common descriptors of technical capability. I find technical capability to be heterogenous, and conclude that performance policies that ignore technical diversity of capability are potentially misleading, ineffective, and perhaps even damaging.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Development and Comp Systems with number 0502004.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 05 Feb 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - wpd; pages: 19 . Preliminary & Incomplete Draft. Comments appreciated. Figures available by email if not clear enough.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
diversity indices; technical capability; diversity technical capability;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O55 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- O49 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Other
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-04-16 (Development)
- NEP-TID-2005-04-16 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.