Knowledge And Technological Interaction:A Policy Oriented Study Of The African Union
AbstractPOWERED BY THE DEVELOPMENTS IN NEW TECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS, THE WORLD IS MOVING RAPIDLY TOWARDS KNOWLEDGE-BASED ECONOMIC STRUCTURES AND INFORMATION SOCIETIES THAT COMPRISE NETWORKS OF INDIVIDUALS, FIRMS AND COUNTRIES THAT ARE LINKED ELECTRONICALLY AND IN INTERDEPENDENT RELATIONSHIPS. KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATIONS PRESENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR "LEAPFROG" STRATEGIES THAT COULD ACCELERATE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE AFRICAN CONTINENT. THIS PAPER THEREFORE ARGUED THAT WITHOUT INNOVATIVE PUBLIC POLICY, INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES COULD BECOME A SOURCE OF EXCLUSION AND CONFLICT; AND IF ANY FORM OF DEVELOPMENT IS EMPOWERING IN THE 21ST CENTURY, IT IS THE ACQUISITION OF KNOWLEDGE AND THE CREATION OF TECHNOLOGICAL CAPACITY FOR THE NEWLY EMERGED AFRICAN UNION.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Development and Comp Systems with number 0307002.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 11 Jul 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - MICROSOFT WORD; prepared on IBM PC ; to print on HP; pages: 30. We never published this piece and now we would like to reduce our mailing and xerox cost by posting it.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
KNOWLEDGE; TECHNOLOGY; AFRICAN UNION; EDUCATION; REVOLUTION POLICY; INFORMATION; COMMUNICATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INO-2003-07-13 (Innovation)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.