Overcoming the Inherent Dependency of DEA Efficiency Scores: A Bootstrap Approach
AbstractThis chapter summarizes a multi-year research effort to understand the role of process performance in the overall efficiency of banks. By focusing on the process as the unit of analysis, the authors consider how technology, human resources, and most importantly, the interaction between these factors of production contribute to overall performance. The results of this paper lead to a set of recommendations to managers of financial service organizations as to the most effective approaches for designing and managing their key service delivery processes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania in its series Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers with number 99-17.
Date of creation: Apr 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 3301 Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall, 3620 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104.6367
Web page: http://fic.wharton.upenn.edu/fic/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mallikarjun, Sreekanth & Lewis, Herbert F. & Sexton, Thomas R., 2014. "Operational performance of U.S. public rail transit and implications for public policy," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 74-88.
- Hirschberg, J.G. & Lloyd, P.J., 2000. "An Application of Post-DEA Bootstrap Regression Analysis to the Spillover of the Technology of Foreign-Invested Enterprises in China," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 732, The University of Melbourne.
- Balaguer-Coll, Maria Teresa & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2007.
"On the determinants of local government performance: A two-stage nonparametric approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 425-451, February.
- Emili Tortosa Ausina & Diego Prior & María Teresa Balaguer-Coll, 2004. "On The Determinants Of Local Government Performance: A Two-Stage Nonparametric Approach," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Barbara Casu & Philip Molyneux, 2003.
"A comparative study of efficiency in European banking,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(17), pages 1865-1876.
- Barbara Casu & Philip Molyneux, 2000. "A Comparative Study of Efficiency in European Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-17, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Marianne Haraldsvik, 2009. "Efficiency potential and determinants of efficiency: An analysis of the care of elderly sector in Norway," Working Paper Series 10109, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2005.
"Environmental Determinants of Banking Efficiency in Austria,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Franz Hahn, 2007. "Environmental determinants of banking efficiency in Austria," Empirica, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 231-245, July.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Joseph G. Hirschberg & Jenny N. Lye, 2001. "Clustering in a Data Envelopment Analysis Using Bootstrapped Efficiency Scores," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 800, The University of Melbourne.
- Mei Xue & Patrick T. Harker & Gregory R. Heim, 2003. "Incorporating the Dual Customer Roles in e-Service Design," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Rajitkanok Puenpatom & Robert Rosenman, 2008. "Efficiency of Thai provincial public hospitals during the introduction of universal health coverage using capitation," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 319-338, December.
- Tsui, Wai Hong Kan & Gilbey, Andrew & Balli, Hatice Ozer, 2014. "Estimating airport efficiency of New Zealand airports," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 78-86.
- Manuel Illueca & José Pastor & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2009. "The effects of geographic expansion on the productivity of Spanish savings banks," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 119-143, October.
- Alzamora, Rosa M. & Apiolaza, Luis A., 2013. "A DEA approach to assess the efficiency of radiata pine logs to produce New Zealand structural grades," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 221-233.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.