Intergovernmental transfers and revenue sharing in Spain
AbstractThe main objective of this paper is to provide a general analysis of the evolution of the funding models of the Spanish Autonomous Communities (regional level) during the last decade and explore the main achievements of the new model (2001). In particular, the funding models that have been applied during these years are assessed comparing their results with the proponsed objectives that they tried to meet. Finally, special attention is paid to the developments achieved by the new model with respect to the previous one in terms of economic sufficiency (static and dynamic), joint responsibility for taxation and interregional solidarity measures. Key words: Federalismo Fiscal, Spanish Autonomous Communities, Economic Sufficiency, Fiscal Corresponsability, Interregional Solidarity. JEL classification: H7, H72, H77
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Regional Science Association in its series ERSA conference papers with number ersa04p391.
Date of creation: Aug 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Augasse 2-6, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2005-11-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2005-11-09 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2005-11-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.